Job Title: Assistant Director of Sales
This is a very busy four star property with strong mix of leisure, corporate and M&E business. They now seek an Assistant Director of Sales to assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in the daily management of the sales team and in maximising the sales potential and marketing strategy of the hotel.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active and energetic with a proven track record in achieving sales targets and the ability to execute effectively a focused sales & marketing plan for the agreed market segments of bedrooms (leisure, local & global corporate), meetings, events, food and beverage.
- In conjunction with DOSM, plan and direct day to day operation of the sales & marketing function in the hotels to ensure maximum revenue and profitability and provide potential and existing clients with the highest level of sales service.
- In conjunction with DOSM, coach and develop the sales & marketing team to drive revenues across all segments.
- Perform day to day sales activity in the hotel including lead generation, face to face meetings, contracting and rate negotiation, site inspections, trade shows, client entertainment and national/international sales trips.
- Represent the hotel at sales team meetings and other events as appropriate.
- In conjunction with DOSM, identification and management of agreed Corporate and Consortia RFP’s with volume for city, ensuring maximum inclusion for the hotel.
- Analysis of GDS production reports and intelligence information to develop this business channel for the hotel.
- In conjunction with DOSM, focus on driving meeting and conference business for the hotel.
- Develop and nurture client relationships for the hotel within the conference segment through conference agencies national and international.
- Input to the hotel pricing strategy and forecasting with DOSM, General Manager and Revenue Manager.
- Utilisation of Alkimii CRM for updating client databases, logging all sales activity and measurement of KPI’s.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience working within a senior sales manager role or similar position in a large four star property in Ireland. Further candidate attributes include:
- Effective communicator
- Strong leadership skills
- Keen commercial acumen, able to understand key business indicators and competitive trends
- Strong analytical skills
- Sales-focused and results-driven
Get in touch with us today to find out more on this senior sales role!