Job Title: Assistant Director of Sales and Marketing
This 5* Hotel is currently looking for an experienced Assistant Director of Sales and Marketing. This is a senior management position working closely with the Director of Sales to contribute and assist in the management and implementation of the Hotels Annual Sales, Marketing and Commercial Strategy at InterContinental Dublin. Responsible for supporting and assisting the DOSM in the targeting, focusing and co-ordination of the Sales & Marketing Team’s activity to maximise on the opportunities that exist in all markets, and achieve budgeted revenues.
We are looking for an inspiring, innovative, and passionate proactive senior hotel salesperson to join our progressive hotel group. This individual will be career focused and want to learn and progress, in a structured and supported environment, to a DOSM role in 2 years’ time. A full development plan will be put in place to support this progression. The individual will be committed to assisting the DOSM and their key role will be contributing to the overall sales & marketing strategy of the hotel. The ideal candidate will need to be able to work in a fast paced and customer focused environment.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years' Hotel Sales experience in a target driven sales environment.
- Experience in MICE sales role covering overseas markets. Specialist in UK an European Markets an advantage.
- Experience in people management in a team environment preferred
- Commercial awareness and experience in the budgeting process
- Sales focused, target and results driven
- Must be a self-starter and strong closer, with multi-tasking ability
- Excellent levels of personal motivation and organisation
- Experienced in sales at both operational and management levels
- Effective communicator to clients and colleagues, individually and in groups; with the capacity to provide clear written reports.
- Confident, ambitious and pro-active
- Seeks out challenges and is driven by success
- Track record in sales target success and over-achievement essential