Job Title: Assistant Manager
We have a lovely opportunity with this retail destination for a hotel Guest Relations / Front Office professional who is looking to gain experience outside of the hospitality industry. The Assistant Manager is responsible for helping to ensure an outstanding customer experience to a five star standard. Key role responsibilities include:
- Assist in ensuring all company strategies are implemented regarding hospitality and guest services.
- Lead by example, acting as ambassador of hospitality and guest service delivery.
- Ensure that all front of house teams offer an excellent standard of welcome and customer care to all visitors.
- Regularly partner with other department teams to ensure that hospitality standards and services are delivered properly and consistently.
- Contribute in shaping and establishing critical Hospitality/Service measures, ensuring that the team understands these standards and the part they play in delivering on these.
- Own, oversee and diligently manage customer complaints and customer feedback to ensure that all comments are dealt with appropriately and feedback is collated and reported to the business in a programme of continuous improvement.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for the introduction of new services.
- Work closely with the Retail and Marketing teams to effectively plan for all key trading/calendar events and peak periods, ie Easter, Christmas, Chinese New Year etc.
- Manage and monitor KPI performance of gift card sales.
- Support the operation of all guest services.
- Weekly communication to the team of KPI’s, ensuring that all staff understand their role in delivering them.
- Ensure security standards are met and adhered to at all time.
- Ensure the department is fit to audit and provide an auditable trail facility.
- Plan and deliver department budget, manage the payroll budget, taking appropriate action to ensure cost effectiveness, as and when required.
- Consistently manage and review the performance & development of the team.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience in a guest-facing management role in a fast-paced hospitality service environment. Must be a proven people manager with strong leadership skills and proven track record of managing a large roster.
Further candidate attributes include:
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to plan, prioritise effectively
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
- Easily collaborates across multi-functional departments
- Sound critical thinking skills and solution orientated
- Demonstrates drive, resilience and flexibility
- Flexibility in terms of working hours & pattern (including weekends and Bank Holidays)
- Interest in and knowledge of the local area
- Strong cultural awareness
- Fluency in English is essential, other European language an advantage
- Computer literate and fully competent in preparing regular reporting
A wide arrange of benefits is available with this role including pension, life assurance, referral bonus, discounted shopping and private healthcare to name just a few.
Send in your CV today to find out more on this role!