Job Title: Banqueting Manager
Salary: €32,000 – €35,000
This truly exquisite destination is one of Ireland’s premiere wedding venues. They now seek to recruit a Banqueting Manager who shares their dedication to hospitality and guest service and is committed to providing couples with the perfect day of their dreams.
This role will assist with pre-wedding coordination and event planning as required, but will focus mainly on ensuring a flawless, welcoming service on the big day. A sample of key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all staff are fully aware of exact event requirements and expectations pre-arrival
- Conduct pre-arrival walk throughs, ensuring all areas are prepared and correctly laid out and all activities/F&B properly prepped and ready
- Meet and greet of bride and groom/event host, liaising with them throughout the day and fulfilling all reasonable requests
- Ensure staff are in place at all times throughout the arrival reception and cleanliness and order are maintained
- Ensure that staff are briefed in full of their roles during service of the wedding meal and of any special requirements there may be
- Ensure guests are called into the ballroom on time and that the kitchen is made aware of any alteration to timings on the day.
- Be on hand throughout wedding/event, monitoring staff, ensuring smooth transitions between all stages through constant communication (ie wedding service, meal, cake cutting, clearing, band set up etc)
- Deal with any complaints in a professional manner, notifying senior management
The successful candidate will be a polished Banqueting Manager with at least three years’ experience in a top, luxury wedding destination/hotel. Must demonstrate the highest standards of service and the ability to manage and train staff to achieve these as well. Will have an eagle eye for detail and a calm head during the storm, able to think quickly on your feet while maintaining a warm and welcoming demeanour.
If you would like the chance to work in a truly special location, send in your CV today!