Job Title: Bar Manager
Location: Co Dublin
Salary: €38,000 – €43,000
This well-established local favourite is a stylish dining destination featuring a menu of both classic and contemporary gastropub options. They now require a vivacious, efficient Bar Manager with excellent service standards to ensure a quality and courteous bar service is delivered to all customers while maintaining a profitable operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate excellent customer care and attention to detail.
- Deliver on financial targets, maximising profitability where possible (ie upselling).
- Supervision of bar team with regard to all aspects of food service.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of beverage recipes, mixing procedures and bar inventory.
- Maintain responsibility for the set up and cleanliness of main bar, function room bar (when in use), store room and cold rooms.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a hygienic manner and that the work area has excellent hygiene standards.
- Stock and order all supplies and glassware.
- Ensure requisitions for dry goods are completed in a timely manner.
- Display beverage selection in an attractive manner.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of standard policies and procedures (ie cash handling, human resources, stock etc).
- Evaluate bar menu, with customer feedback and give suggestions for improvement to General Manager.
- Full knowledge of alcohol and liquor policies and regulations, and comply fully with them.
- Ensure all items served are billed for accurately.
- Control of costs in line with budget.
- Utilise leadership skills and motivation to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction. Promote strong sense of team spirit.
- Engage in positive interaction with all collaborators (other department teams, managers, owner), encouraging good relationships through regular communication and meetings.
- Attend and assist training sessions when required. Recognize and provide bar team with their training needs.
- Track customer behaviour and sales and make recommendations for improving sales based on trends.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience as Bar Manager / General Manager of a quality bar/pub establishment and will demonstrate excellent leadership ability, high customer/food service standards and keen commercial acumen. Will be a strong advocate of building a positive working environment with a genuine dedication to the hospitality industry.
Send in your CV today for more on this role!