Job Title: Commercial Manager
This award-winning luxury four star in Co Kerry has a great reputation for both outstanding service and elegant surroundings. An ideal choice for both corporate and leisure business, they now seek a highly experienced Commercial Manager to oversee the Sales & Marketing, Revenue and Events departments and to further drive sales and revenue growth by leveraging marketing campaigns and promotions, ensuring the hotel brand stands out in a highly competitive market.
The role will focus on market penetration and growth from Corporate Accounts, Travel Management Companies (TMC’s) and Retail Travel Agents, as well as MICE and Leisure (social banqueting, weddings etc).
Key responsibilities include:
- Full responsibility for managing all aspects of the Sales and Marketing department with involvement in every aspect of representing, selling and marketing the hotel locally, nationally and internationally
- Management, development and delegation of duties for the Sales and Marketing team
- Market research and analysis of current market conditions and competitor information
- Creation and execution of the hotel’s overall marketing plan, including development and implementation of marketing plans and projects for new and existing business
- Evaluating and optimising marketing pricing strategies
- Analysing market trends within the hospitality sector while also preparing forecasts
- Growing and developing MICE business
- Achieving revenue budgets and/or targets through business development of all market segments
- Promotion of strong partnerships with new and existing customer base in line with the hotel’s brand values
- Constantly seeking opportunities for building new client relations
- Overseeing communications strategy in order to enhance the positive image of the hotel and brand
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience as Sales & Marketing Manager/DOSM of a quality hotel establishment with a proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales & marketing goals and targets. Further key candidate attributes include:
- Experience in developing and implementing a marketing strategy for a 4/5-star hotel
- Experience in developing annual marketing budgets and executing the sales programs and activities within it
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Full, clean drivers licence with ability to travel nationally and internationally as required
Onsite rental accommodation is available with this role. Company benefits include pension contribution, hybrid work model, meals on duty, Friends & Family rates, free parking, Employee of the Month awards, employee referral bonus and more.
Send in your CV today to find out more on this role!