Job Title: Director of Finance
Salary: €90,000 – €100,000
This leading five star property with 200+ bedrooms is a Dublin landmark with stellar reputation for both service and product. Featuring multiple F&B outlets, full-service leisure facilities and busy banqueting department, they now seek a Director of Finance to lead the property’s financial business strategy.
A member of the Executive Committee, the Director of Finance is responsible for the creation and execution of the hotel’s business plan and implementation of hotel-wide financial strategies. This role functions as a strategic business partner to the GM and Executive Committee, leveraging strong financial expertise and business acumen to influence the strategic direction of the operation, identify opportunities for growth, optimize allocation of financial resources, and drive business results.
Further key responsibilities include:
- Effectively lead the execution of finance and accounting responsibilities including preparation of the annual business plan and operating budget, forecasting, internal controls, financial analysis, cash management, balance sheet reconciliation, financial reporting, P&L accuracy, capital expenditure budget, etc.
- Focus on maximizing the property’s revenue by supporting the development of revenue generating strategies for different areas of the hotel and related lines of business.
- Help enhance the team’s business skills. Educate department heads on sales and profit maximization and cost control; provide ongoing analytical decision support & tools.
- Put in place appropriate controls to manage business and financial risks. Ensure a strong accounting & operational control environment.
- Ensure compliance with standard and local operating procedures and local regulations.
- Leverage technology for operational efficiency and oversee acquisition and maintenance of property-based systems.
- Oversee all audit processes and ensure compliance with SOPs, ensuring appropriate corrections are made.
- Reconcile balance sheet and ensure account balances are supported by appropriate supporting documentation in accordance with SOPs.
- Effectively manage property working capital and cash flow; identify key projects and manage associated capital expenditure funds for product improvement and increased revenue potential.
- Create annual operating budget and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
- Tax management: ensuring correct rates used, payment of all taxes (property, payroll, local etc), proper documentation of exemptions etc.
- Owner relations: developing a strong business relationship through effective communications and reporting.
- Finance Team management: ensuring staff training, development and welfare.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Business Administration and will have at least four years’ experience as Finance Manager/ Assistant Controller in a large, full-service quality hotel establishment with multiple revenue streams.
Key candidate attributes include:
- Excellent finance, accounting and analytical skills, including revenue management strategies, capital expenditure planning and project management
- Experience evaluating business trends and developing and successfully implementing new business programs and strategies that enhance financial performance
- Experience in owner relations is preferred
- Experience with complex operating and financial agreements
- Strategic planning skills; ability to translate financial concepts into actionable business strategies and tactics
- Ability to communicate financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviours
- Experience managing people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills across standard software applications and hotel systems (MS Office, Opera, Micros, Alkimmi, Procure Wizard, Sage)
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Leverage strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the executive team, the hotel's strategies and to lead own team
Meals on duty, parking, dry cleaning and use of staff gym available with this role among other benefits.
For more information on this senior Executive role, get in touch with Micheline Corr today!