Job Title: Director of Sales & Marketing
This luxury resort in Co Galway seeks an innovative, proactive Director of Sales & Marketing to be responsible for the overall sales and marketing activities of the property, with a special focus on corporate business. Working closely with the Events & Meetings team, this role involves proactively soliciting and handling local domestic Irish and overseas Business, Group, Conference and MICE opportunities, actively upselling each business opportunity and appropriately placing business into the hotel to maximize revenue.
Further Sales responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and monitor the annual Sales and Marketing plans for the hotel, including all individual departmental sales action plans and activities and delivering all budgeted sales targets (Rooms, M&E, F&B, Spa)
- Design and implement MICE strategy in the annual Budget process
- Participate in and activate the agreed rooms segment strategy in the annual Budget process
- Ensure delivery of revenue growth objectives in each hotel unit through effective management of sales & marketing team & revenue yield function
- Manage own portfolio of accounts, seeking out and securing new business in core segments
- Maximise all revenue opportunities from existing accounts through strategic planning and effective account management
- Work closely with external cluster sales team members to achieve budgeted sales
- Implement and manage strategy for local, regional, national and global key market and individual account activities including trade shows, networking events, workshops, presentations and sales missions, and face to face calls and site inspection
- Participate with and support the hotel Sales and M&E teams with customer site visits, site inspections and familiarization trips
- Complete regular SWOT analysis on competitor hotels
- Setting individual team member targets and monitoring results
- Marketing Plan: design and direct the implementation of online and offline marketing initiatives and activities to support total hotel revenue objectives.
- Marketing Budget: manage annual budget spend, tracking return on investment vs KPI’s and amend activity to meet hotel’s budgetary objectives
- Adherence to and promotion of the hotel brand at all times
- PR: Creating opportunities to exploit the brand image and generate revenues. Management and direction of PR Company activity,
- Inputting ideas into new brand developments
- Strategy and management of hotel website
- Work closely with group Digital Marketing team to enhance results from all digital and offline marketing campaigns and activities
The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience as Director of Sales & Marketing in a luxury four/five star hotel with at least five years’ experience of proactive MICE sales experience in the domestic Irish market and a proven track record of sales successes. Further requirements include:
- Experience in management of e-commerce channels, digital marketing, social media and online / offline marketing
- Experience of effective people management in a team environment
- Sales focused, target and results driven, and be a self-starter and strong closer
- Excellent levels of personal motivation and organisation
- Experienced in sales at both operational and management levels
- Effective communicator, written and verbal, to clients and colleagues
- A commercial awareness and good understanding of yield management
- The capacity to respond to a fast-paced, changing environment with strong multi-tasking ability
This role will involve in person calls in Dublin four days a week, ideally with a base onsite at the hotel, hybrid work options can be explored.
If you’re an ambitious, confident DOSM and keen to add to your list of successes, we’d love to hear from you!