Job Title: Director of Sales & Marketing
This popular luxury destination is currently recruiting an inspiring, innovative and passionate Director of Sales & Marketing to join their team.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active and energetic, dedicated to achieving sales targets and will have the ability to effectively execute a focused sales and marketing plan for the agreed market segments. We are looking for a forward-thinking individual who will be continuously looking at how the hotel can increase productivity through different methods and approaches. Must have experience in luxury 4/5 star hotels with a strong mix of corporate/ leisure/ events business and the ability to develop all areas of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop a high performing and motivated sales team to achieve revenue targets across assigned segments.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Revenue to set budgets and achieve revenue objectives.
- Plan and direct the day-to-day operation of the sales and marketing function to ensure maximum revenue and profitability and provide potential and existing clients with the highest level of sales service.
- Create and manage brand website content alongside the website provider, ensuring that all digital marketing activity is in line with revenue objectives.
- Implementation and execution of online and offline marketing budgets, initiatives and activities.
- Perform day-to-day sales activity including lead generation, face-to-face meetings, contracting and rate negotiation, site inspections, attendance at trade shows, client entertainment and sales trips.
- Ensure the accurate processing, distribution, recording/filing and follow up of all sales correspondence, including the execution of contracts, quotations, confirmations, cancellations, etc. Utilise CRM system for client database building.
- Identify key competitors and carry out regular competitor analysis, monitoring their performance, rates and sales activity.
- Be fully aware of the main market developments and other factors that would influence business or create favourable market conditions.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience in a senior Sales/Marketing role (ie DOSM/Commercial Director) within a five star hotel. Must have proven track record of effective people and team management and achieving/exceeding all department goals and targets. In addition, you will have/be:
- A creative thinker who thrives on finding innovative solutions and opportunities
- An outgoing personality who can drive new relationships as well as maintain existing ones
- Effective communicator to all clients and colleagues
- Ability to provide clear written reports
- Full driving license
If you are truly passionate about the Hospitality industry and are ready to take on a pivotal role in your sales career, we’d love to hear from you!