Job Title: Duty Manager
Salary: €30,000 – €32,000
This large four star in Co Kerry is a perfect blend of old world charm, modern comforts and genuine Irish hospitality. They would now like an experienced Duty Manager to join their dedicated team and be responsible for the efficient operation of all departments within the hotel.
Key responsibilities include:
- To carry out Duty Management shifts by overseeing the operations of the hotel and ensuring that quality and standards are being met consistently.
- To work as part of the management team and to assist colleagues where necessary.
- To ensure the smooth running of bar food service/restaurant service when on duty.
- To promote a professional and hospitable image to the guest and give full co-operation to any guest requiring assistance with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude.
- To give full co-operation to any colleague requiring assistance in a prompt and helpful manner and to be flexible in assisting around the Hotel in response to business and guest needs.
- To anticipate guest needs, and proactively manage their expectations.
- To ensure prompt resolution of customers issues.
- To work closely with the Sales & Events Co-ordinator who books the meeting rooms, to ensure that the rooms are set up to the specified requirement.
- To maintain regular and efficient communication relating to shifts and to attend all hotel meetings as required.
- To assist with the personnel and training function in the hotel,
- To assist in the training and induction of new staff in the bar/restaurant/banqueting departments in conjunction with the Heads of Department.
- To ensure the security of the hotel, stocks and keys at all times whilst on duty.
- To take on supervisory responsibilities in specific departments as required.
- To assist the Operations Manager in complying with legal obligations in relation to Health & Safety, Fire Safety and to ensure that risk assessments are carried out and reviewed regularly.
- To identify and report maintenance requirements/hazards in the workplace.
- To assume responsibility whilst on duty for any emergency situations in line with set down procedures.
- To undertake any other projects/tasks as set by the General Manager/Operations Manager and attend any training as required.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience as Duty Manager of a medium/large hotel with extensive F&B and C&B facilities, as well as further service experience within the F&B department. Further candidate attributes include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion to work in the industry
- Previous experience working with weddings or large events an advantage
- Good upselling skills
- A team player but also have leadership ability
- Flexibility with shifts - early/lates including weekends and public holidays
Benefits on offer with this role include:
- Training and development opportunities
- Meals on duty
- Access to the hotel gym
- Free carparking
- Bike to Work Scheme
To find out more on this role, send in your CV today!