Job Title: Event Manager
Salary: €45,000 – €48,000
This dynamic catering company that works in the traditional catering sector as well as the trendy, fast-growing food truck scene seeks a multi-dimensional Event Manager to join their innovative team of foodies.
This unique B2B role sits on the cross section of promotions, sales and event management and requires an events professional with strong business development ability and natural penchant for networking.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Build close relationships with street food traders and independent businesses to build, retain and grow this community
- Identify and cultivate new traders and food businesses who would fit the company ethos
- Be the main point of contact for this growing trader community, offering them support and providing excellent communication
- Identifying new clients and venues that might benefit from the company’s offer
- Create a cultivation strategy for new business
- Produce quotes and proposals and negotiate commercial agreements
- Work closely with the catering team at HQ site to develop a street food retail and events offer, including commercial proposals, event planning and on-site management
- Planning and management of all additional events to include contracting, site visits, liaising with traders, menu curation, organising and hosting tastings, the production of event briefs and the management of all client requirements and amendments and on-site management when required
- Management of event-specific budgets, ensuring that all events are hitting target GPs
- Organising and attending site visits and client meeting
- Participation in partner and client entertaining where required as well as area-based event and food industry events
- Providing regular and accurate financial reports to senior management
- Understand, analyse and monitor trader performance
- Collaborate with marketing teams to promote the trader community and develop unique content for customers
The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience of account management, ideally in the events or hospitality sectors, and will be excited at the prospect of building something from scratch.
Further candidate attributes include:
- Strong commercial awareness
- Great communication skills
- A self-starter, with the ability to manage projects from start to finish
- Experience working with varied stakeholders
- An understanding of food and restaurant operations
- Tech savvy and quick to learn new technologies
- Experience of EPOS systems, Good Till an advantage
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the independent food industry and wider Dublin food scene
- Excellent people skills
- Proactive / self-starter with lots of initiative
- Driver’s license
To find out more on this truly unique role, get in touch with us today!