Job Title: Events Catering Coordinator
Location: Co Dublin
We have an exciting role available with this boutique catering company specialising in high-end events of all sizes. This would suit a multi-talented hospitality professional with solid experience in events and catering. We are looking for someone who is highly organised, eager to be creative in their job, thinks outside the box and gets involved in every aspect of a business.
- Responsible for the successful execution of catered events from initial enquiry through to completion. Events range from sit-down dinner party in a family home to corporate events, high-end weddings and everything in between.
- Organise, book and co-ordinate staff at all events. This also includes performing on the job service training, rotas and submission of hours to payroll.
- Take on the role of head wait person at larger events and aid all areas of service and delivery as required throughout the event.
- Manage client interaction in the run up to each event.
- Liaise with other associated vendors involved in the event, including the organisation of hire requirements through preferred suppliers.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Be involved in the sales & marketing function during quieter periods.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with previous experience in an events / banqueting role with F&B service delivery to a high standard. Must be fully HACCP trained; Health & Safety and/or First Aid training an added advantage.
Further candidate attributes include:
- Strong communication skills and confidence in delegating tasks to staff.
- A passion for food and food styling with a keen interest in following the latest trends in food and event styling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluent English.
- Be self-motivated and pro-active in seeking out new business and building relationships with outside vendors.
- Comfortable with all major software packages, including Microsoft Office as well as database management and upkeep.
- Ability to operate food and beverage equipment present at different events.
- Possession of a full, clean Irish/EU drivers’ licence – events located in South Dublin and surrounding areas.
- Flexibility with work schedule, working 5 days over 7 (time in lieu granted as required).
If you are a charismatic hospitality professional who wants the chance to get closely involved in the running and growth of a successful catering business, send in your CV today!