Job Title: FIT Dept Manager
Salary: €40,000 – €48,000
This top DMC has a great opportunity for an experienced FIT professional to lead their FIT Team and ensure the department’s efficient and profitable operation. Overall responsibilities will include leading, managing and motivating the sales & operational teams, ensuring new business/client research is regularly conducted, developing sales & market strategy and meeting all KPIs.
Main duties include:
- Supporting the Commercial Head of FIT
- Sales and team leadership and people management (recruitment & retention)
- Client & market development for new and existing markets
- Technical development: managing and improving internal systems, client interface and process development (including IT, CRM, Tourplan)
- Product development, in liaison with contracting
- Creation and delivery of agreed UK and Ireland sales & cost targets, tracking progress
- Delivery and measurement of client service levels specifically for identified key clients
- Meeting and setting of KPI’s
- Monthly reporting for trading and executive leadership
- Effective and regular liaison within and across departments and offices UK and Ireland
- Travel to UK/Dublin offices on a regular basis for team leadership responsibilities
- Flexibly support team members of the same region (and other regions where required) to fulfil their role as and when needed
The ideal candidate will be an experienced DMC/tourism professional with at least three years’ experience in the FIT market. Must be a proven team manager with effective communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as demonstrating strong commercial & financial acumen.
Further candidate attributes include:
- People friendly able to connect with diverse staff, managers and management
- Detail-oriented, flexible and solution-oriented. Responsibility taker and self-motivated, a driver of improvements
- Organised, able to drive tasks through to completion for themselves and their team
- Excellent time management skills and proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to hold themselves and others to account in order to meet projects, goals and deadlines.
- IT Literate, experience of Tourplan an advantage
- Ability to multitask and delegate as and when required
- Sales and market development experience
- Ability and willingness to travel to both offices in London and Dublin as required
If you’re an ambitious, sales-driven tourism professional who is skilled at connecting with people and bringing out their best performance, we’d love to hear from you!