Job Title: FIT Team Leader
Salary: €45,000 – €55,000
This top DMC has a great opportunity for an experienced FIT professional to lead their FIT Team, ensure the department’s efficient and profitable operation, and continually enhance the overall company reputation. Key responsibilities will include leading, managing and motivating the sales & operational teams, ensuring new business/client research is regularly conducted, developing sales & market strategy and meeting all KPIs.
Main duties include:
- Supporting the Commercial Head of FIT
- Sales and Team leadership and people management (recruitment & retention)
- Client & market development for new and existing markets
- Technical development: managing and improving internal systems, client interface and process development (including IT, CRM, Tourplan)
- Product development, in liaison with contracting
- Creation and delivery of agreed UK and Ireland sales & cost targets, tracking progress
- Delivery and measurement of client service levels specifically for identified key clients
- Meeting and setting of KPI’s
- Monthly reporting for trading and executive leadership
- Effective and regular liaison within and across departments and offices UK and Ireland
- Travel to UK/Dublin offices on a regular basis for team leadership responsibilities
- Flexibly support team members of the same region (and other regions where required) to fulfil their role as and when needed
The ideal candidate will be an experienced DMC/tourism professional with at least three years’ experience in the FIT market, other relevant hospitality backgrounds will be considered. Must be a proven team manager with effective communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as demonstrating strong commercial & financial acumen.
Further candidate attributes include:
- People-friendly, able to connect with diverse staff, managers and management
- Detail-oriented, flexible and solution-oriented. Responsibility taker and self-motivated, a driver of improvements
- Organised, able to drive tasks through to completion for themselves and their team
- Excellent time management skills and proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to hold themselves and others to account in order to meet projects, goals and deadlines.
- IT Literate, experience of Tourplan an advantage
- Ability to multitask and delegate as and when required
- Sales and market development experience
- Ability and willingness to travel to both offices in London and Dublin as required
- Flexibility and willingness to work OT hours as required, time in lieu accorded
If you’re an ambitious, sales-driven tourism professional who is skilled at connecting with people and bringing out their best performance, we’d love to hear from you!