Job Title: Gastro Bar Assistant Manager - Co Galway
Gastro Bar Assistant Manager
We have a superb opportunity for an experienced Gastro Bar Assistant Manager to join our clients team for the inception to completion & opening of their new Gastro Bar & Kitchen going live in January 2019.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager the successful candidate will have an overall responsibility for customer management and the day to day operation of the Food and Beverage areas while contributing to overall achievement of business goals; ensuring consistent standards of service are maintained.
Part of the Senior Management Team, you will work closely with the Management Team to:
- Assist in the opening up and roll out of the Gastro Bar & Kitchen and
- Install the highest standards of food, beverage, guest experiences and attention to detail.
- Instrumental in creating and maintaining the customer experience in the Gastro Bar.
- Lead by example and be responsible for the training, development and management of your team to encourage a flexible and creative workforce focused on deliver of the customer experience.
- Create a positive working environment where the team are motivated to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Oversee the day to day running of the food and beverage departments, ensuring smooth and efficient operation
- Managing and developing a team of customer service professionals.
- Ensuring effective Cash & Stock Control Procedures are in place and adhered to at all times.
- Ordering of stock, stock taking etc. ensuring that agreed F&B GP% are achieved on a monthly basis
- Recruitment, Training and Development of the team
- Motivates, inspires and empowers others to improve performance
- Keeping the team up to date about departmental, hotel and company activities through daily communications including financial feedback and customer feedback.
- Drives business results through revenue growth and cost savings efficiency
- Carry out Duty Management shifts as required and being in charge of the F&B Department when Operations Manager is off duty.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- As this will be a new project previous experience in new openings or project management of a new restaurant, new ideas, new ways of presentation are an advantage but not essential.
- To have at least 2-3 years Operations/Gastro Bar & Kitchen management experience
- Must have the ability to lead, multi-task and make sound decisions in fast-paced environment
- Be standard driven and details orientated with the ability to organise and plan ahead
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Passion for delivering exceptional food and beverage service
- Be highly Guest Focused - natural instinct for 'hospitality' and lively, friendly and welcoming personality is essential
- Must have a 'hands on' 'can do' approach to service and have an excellent fundamental knowledge of Food & Beverage.
Candidates with a pattern of less than two years (24 month) in one place will not be considered. Proven track record required.
Salary Starting at €35,000
This role involves weekends and evenings.