Job Title: General Manager
We are recruiting an experienced, energetic General Manager for this very popular, elegant four star property in the Midlands. With a thriving F&B business, this hotel is a favourite leisure destination and wedding venue. This is an exciting time to join the hotel with key renovation works recently finished and more planned in the future.
They now require a dynamic GM who will lead the large team on site, ensuring a consistent level of service excellence through effective communications, keen operational guidance and skillful people management. This role reports to the hotel owners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day operation of the hotel, ensuring the hotel delivers a good quality four-star product and service standard.
- Implementing the annual business plan and budget in conjunction with the finance department, sales and operation teams.
- Ensuring payroll labour costs are kept within budget and that expenses are kept with budget. Reviewing department efficiencies.
- Implementing the capital programme and ensuring it is kept within budget.
- Overseeing the results of stocktakes and ensuring that the team are focused and understanding of results as expectations.
- Implementing a sales strategy that allows further growth.
- Overseeing procurement and ensuring supplier pricing is constantly reviewed.
- Working with the Executive Head Chef and Department Managers to make sure that KPI’s, cost and wage percentage are being achieved.
- Maintaining and growing the standards of all operations within the hotel.
- Improving on developing a conference & event market for the hotel.
- Meeting clients and representing the hotel at business events as required.
- Ensuring the hotel is compliant with all health & safety and fire regulations.
- Ensuring the kitchen and food & beverage departments are compliant with all HACCP regulations.
- Developing heads of department and supervisors through training. Identify training needs and skill gaps and plan training as appropriate.
- Ensuring effective communication between management and employees.
- Keeping the team happy, motivating and delivering friendly, excellent service to our guests.
- Ability to follow and develop hotel's SOPs.
The ideal candidate will have at least eight years’ experience as General Manager of a large four star property with significant events business. Must demonstrate deep F&B knowledge as well as keen financial acumen and top service standards. Further candidate attributes include:
- Fluent knowledge of total hotel operations.
- Proven experience in management of P&L responsibilities.
- Keen financial acumen and strong commercial ability.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to positively interact with and influence all colleagues and collaborators
- Ability to build and sustain a shared vision of success for the hotel.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate employees through support and development.
- Experience of managing renovation projects an advantage
Great benefits on offer including bonus, healthcare scheme, staff discounts (including onsite gym), wellness programs, employee recognition programs, EAP, free parking, professional development opportunities and advancement opportunities. Assistance with temporary housing (four weeks) available for the successful candidate.
If you are a General Manager who is dedicated to leading from the front and guiding your team to success, we’d love to hear from you!