Job Title: General Manager
We are currently recruiting a General Manager for this luxury four star resort in Co Antrim. A charming blend of the historic and the contemporary, the property boasts both traditional memoirs of its rich past as well as the best of today’s modern conveniences.
They now require an operations-focused General Manager to oversee all aspects of the hotel from financial management to customer service to staff development, with the aim of achieving all targets set by the company and organising the business to achieve success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with team in developing the hotel’s business plan.
- Set the hotel’s operating budget and capex plan along with the directors.
- Lead, motivate, mentor and manage total hotel team in all property operations.
- Maintain a regular presence throughout the hotel, engaging with all departments and ensuring that all teams are maintaining hotel standards to the highest levels as per departmental S.O.Ps.
- Perform duty management duties ensuring consistency of service and cover.
- Work with all departments in ensuring optimum staffing levels.
- Work with the Deputy and HOD`s to prepare plans and strategies to ensure the maximization of property performance.
- Work closely with the sales, marketing and finance teams monitoring sales, revenues and expenses to determine variance, assess against the targets set and make adjustments in strategies and forecasts accordingly.
- Work with all departments where sales are difficult to achieve to ensure all costs are controlled.
- Work with all departments on monitoring competition and making business adjustments if necessary.
- Ensure all hotel policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure all staff have been fully inducted and trained within the hotel to the set standards.
- Ensure all staff report for duty on time and in full uniform.
- Record any employee lateness or absence acting on excessive as per hotel policy.
- Be involved in interviewing selection training and appraisals as required.
- Maintain a safe working environment promoting a workplace free from harassment demonstrating commitment to work life balance.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as General Manager of a full-service four star resort property within Ireland/UK. Must demonstrate keen financial and commercial acumen with proven track record of meeting all hotel targets. Further key attributes include:
- Strong forecasting and budget management experience.
- Proven ability to create a climate of professional and personable service that anticipates needs and exceeds guest expectations.
- Excellent leadership/mentorship skills, able to positively guide a team to optimum performance.
Salary is £55K, package includes pension and medical insurance. Please note that candidates must be eligible to work in the UK for this role. For more information, send in your CV today!