Job Title: German Speaking Operations Executive
Salary: €24,000 – €26,000
A Leading Tour Operator based in Dublin is seeking a Group Account Manager.
Candidates must be fluent English and German speakers and be computer literate.
The role involves working as part of a small team providing comprehensive professional, administrative service in the area of incoming tours.
This may involve any or all of the following activities:
- Responsibility for entering & operating/ maintaining all groups in Tour plan IS – a computer package for tour operators [correct rates, free place policies checked, vouchers refreshed, supplementary invoices and/or credit notes raised promptly, etc]
- Ensuring the accommodation booked is in line with their programme and budget
- Drawing up operational itineraries
- Ad-hoc rate negotiation with suppliers to ensure we have realistic winning rates & entry of same into Tour plan IS
- Invoicing and assisting accounts promptly with queries and with credit control especially for key clients– this may involve calling both clients and suppliers to resolve outstanding issues that cannot be resolved by accounts
- Liaising with agents, hoteliers, coach companies and guides to ensure the smooth running of the tours – this also involves giving 24 hours contact number for emergency calls on your allocated groups
- The timely preparation of guide and driver documentation and ensuring it gets to them on time by the most cost-efficient method.
- Reconfirming services to suppliers 24 hours before group arrives
- Dealing effectively with problems groups may encounter before or during their time in the country
- Group quotations cost keenly to convert business in agreed style and format off-peak season only
- Preparation of and willingness to participate in some agent and staff familiarisation trips which may involve some evening and weekend work
- General office duties as may be required to maintain a tidy department
Some overtime evening and weekends will be necessary during peak season. Employees are also required to take the Department Emergency office mobile phone on a roster basis outside hours.