Job Title: Group Sales & Marketing Manager
Salary: €75,000 – €90,000+
This international hotel group is recruiting a Group Sales & Marketing Manager to oversee their properties in the UK & Ireland. This role is responsible for developing and implementing appropriate sales strategies in all business segments and marketing through published and social media.
The Group Sales & Marketing Manager is instrumental in supporting the hotel General Managers and Group management to successfully achieve targeted revenue and position the hotels as leaders in their respective marketplaces.
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual sales and marketing plans with the Sales team and hotels.
- Managing all aspects of sales and marketing activities, ensuring sales resources are used to maximize revenue channels.
- Proactive management of stakeholders with hotel brands in relation to sales and marketing targets.
- Maintaining appropriate profile for the Hotel in the relevant local, national and international markets.
- Setting corporate negotiated rates for individual companies as agreed within the sales budget.
- Manage and undertake local, regional and national activities including trade shows, networking events, workshops, presentations, sales missions etc...
- Manage and develop the Company Customer Relationship Management system to record all sales activity and results within brand standards.
- Assisting in budget planning process.
- Managing your own portfolio of existing accounts.
- Identify, target and secure new business in all areas including rooms, outlets, meetings and events.
- Assist with the proactive promotion of all food and beverage outlets.
- Support hotels to achieve monthly sales targets for existing and new business accounts in agreed market segments.
- Assist with identifying public relations opportunities for the Company and actioning as appropriate direct with media / organisation or through appointed Public Relations company.
- Manage agreed Marketing spends and logging return on investment, on an annual basis, ensuring no overspends.
- Monitor results and adjust activities to ensure that objectives and activities are achieved.
- Team management: recruitment, training, appraisals and development of all team members.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years’ experience in a group/cluster/regional hotel sales role at manager/director level and will hold a hospitality/business degree. Must have a proven track record of sales success, brand experience preferred. You will be a talented team leader with the following skills and attributes:
- Good training/coaching skills
- Ability to articulate and introduce change effectively
- Previous system experience of hotel PMS, CRM, and BI tools
Advanced Excel, PowerPoint & Word
Excellent communication skills
- Excellent competencies in leadership, planning, organising, and influencing
- Commercial attitude and proactive sales approach
- Competitive and motivated
- Ability and passion for delivering great customer service
Benefits on offer include flexible work location with remote/hybrid option, discounted hotel room rates, Cycle to Work scheme and Refer a Friend programme, with further benefits open to negotiation.
To find out more on this senior sales role, send in your CV today!