Job Title: Head Baker
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced baker with this new opening in South Dublin. The role of Head Baker / Bakery Manager will be responsible for overseeing the smooth execution of baked goods, with a focus on sour dough bread and laminated pastry, as well as managing overall store operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing an efficient workflow in the kitchen
- Developing guidelines and conducting quality control audits to ensure product consistency
- Recipe development
- Team training (on both kitchen and store procedures)
- Supplier management
- Inventory management
- Cost control
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience as a Baker / Bakery Manager / Pastry Chef within a café / shop environment and will have a proven track record of managing a small team. Previous opening experience an advantage. Further attributes include:
- Creative culinary skills with experience of menu creation (pastry focus in particular)
- Full knowledge of all HACCP, hygiene and H&S regulations
- Highly organised with excellent multi-tasking ability
- Proactive approach to training
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Resourceful, creative problem solver
- Flexibility with work schedule
Benefits available with this role include career advancement opportunities, additional leave, bike to work scheme and company events/employee parties throughout the year.
Please note that availability for early starts (5am) and weekend shifts is required with this role. If you’re passionate about pastry and are looking for an exciting new venture, this could be the perfect fit!