Job Title: Head Chef - Dublin
Salary: €65,000 – €70,000
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and well-travelled Head Chef with a proven record in working in high-volume establishments.
- Extensive knowledge of good food handling, food standards and presentation, good knowledge of HACCP regulations and food safety management systems,
- Excellent leadership, organisational, communication and motivational skills,
- Thorough knowledge of kitchen management,
- Experience of menu design and implementation and food costing,
- Reporting to the Executive Chef, liaises with heads of all departments.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the ideal candidate will have/be:
- Manage kitchen team and be responsible for all kitchen staff,
- Plan the kitchen team schedule and rota each week based on what events are taking place,
- Sit with the General Management team who meet weekly to discuss restaurant operations,
- Promote and develop new menu ideas.
Health and Safety
- Manage Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Standards in the kitchen and identify training where necessary,
- Ensure the entire kitchen team are aware of their responsibilities in respect of health and safety in the workplace and have the minimum qualifications and training to work in a kitchen environment,
- Ensure that HACCP guidelines and health & safety standards are adhered to at all times,
- Ensure that all relevant control procedures are in place to deliver accurate production records and effective waste management.
- Assist with monitoring customer satisfaction in relation to service provided by always communicating with front of house staff and ensuring they have a good understanding of specials and any dishes coming from the kitchen,
- Actively seek out customer comment and feedback in respect of the service through face to face contact during service times
Admin & Finance
- Proven experience in the admin & finance side of running of a busy kitchen,
- You will deal directly with existing suppliers and build relationships with new ones,
- Monitor expenditure and retain efficient budget control in the kitchen.
If you are ready to be part of an amazing team with a fantastic future, be sure to send your application today!