Job Title: Health & Safety Executive - Dublin
Reporting to the Group Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Health & Safety Manager, the Health & Safety Executive will use their knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Carry out risk assessments, identifying potential hazards and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Review health and safety strategies and develop internal policy.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Investigate customer and employee accidents and incidents to full conclusion.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Liaise with company clients and maintain a working knowledge of their Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Advise on insurance and legal claims and assist to completion/closure.
Requirements for the Successful Candidate:
- 3rd level qualification in technical / science, diploma in Occupational Health & Safety,
- Experience in a similar Industry (Multi-site, wide range and variety of operations in the Retail/Food Service/Catering Industry) is desirable,
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & Environmental Legislation, Standards and Best Practice,
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation,
- Strong quality and customer focus,
- Excellent time management.
Your own method of transport is essential for this role as there is a small degree of travelling around Ireland and Dublin involved.
If this role sounds like the one for you, be sure to send your application today.