Job Title: Health & Safety Officer
Being heavily involved in the Construction, Commercial, Residential, and Hospitality Sectors across the country, you will manage all aspects of Health & safety and compliance in this position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of safety statements, legislation and company policies across all sites.
- Assist with GDPR systems and policy implementation.
- Conduct site safety inspections, audits and risk assessments as required and ensure that management personnel put appropriate action plans in place.
- Complete method statements as required.
- Conduct accident and dangerous occurrence investigations while maintaining the accident and dangerous occurrence register.
- Liaise with enforcement authorities if they attend site to investigate following an incident.
- Liaise with Site manager to ensure Health & Safety documentation is up to date on site.
- Complete inspections on equipment, machines, fire extinguishers etc.
- Conduct EHS training with all new employees and refresher training.
- Complete internal audits, site visits, inspections, certification audits and HSA visits where required.
- Conduct monthly Safety Committee Meetings and provide monthly reports to the Senior Management Team.
- Manage our hazardous waste and liaise with our waste providers.
- Evaluate all EHS applicable requirements for any new projects.
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with the relevant ISO Quality Systems International Standards.
- Manage any ad-hoc EHS issues and duties as they arise
- Keep up to date and maintain a working knowledge of all Health & Safety Authority Legislation
Desired Skills & Experience
- Relevant third level degree qualification in Health and Safety.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in EHS.
- Experience within the residential, commercial, construction and hospitality sectors highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in the Construction Industry essential.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Strong & proven ability to influence change and implement new procedures
- Excellent Communication skills with strong attention to detail