Job Title: Instructor
This education provider in Co Limerick has an opening for a Bar & Food Service Skills Instructor. This role is responsible for delivering courses, coordinating all operational and training activity within the department, and contributing to the continuous improvement of the organisation through the development of policies and plans within the Training Division.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support and facilitate all training operations in conjunction with the appropriate support services in the organisation.
- Record, control and report on all internal and external activities and resources such as:
- Beverages, food and non-food materials / Breakages and damage records
- Trainee files & statistics / Lesson plans
- Accident reports
- Adhere to all legislative requirements in hygiene, health and safety and HACCP.
- Ensure the quality of all training activity is at an international standard (incl QQI and City & Guilds).
- Prepare and deliver learning activities and course materials (syllabi, homework, handouts etc)
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, practical work, assignments, papers, and examinations.
- Be available to students for coaching and actively support access to employment after training.
- Deal with the disciplinary matters amongst trainees using the agreed procedures.
- Maintain and submit student attendance records, grades, and other required documentation by specified deadlines.
- Assist with coordination of high-profile events (ie ministerial functions) and external courses taking place within the college.
- Contribute to reviews of skills training delivery options and innovations in order to meet the various labour market targets.
- Cooperate with other training centre colleges and institutions to ensure effective integration of programme development, training delivery, policies and procedures.
- Follow industry trends with the ability to respond to any changes within.
- Plan the use of training facilities to obtain optimum utilisation of the physical resources available.
- Monitor and review department budget and provide regular budget/variance updates and compliance.
- Ensure corporate governance procedures, financial systems and all relevant policy are strictly adhered to.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of the technical team, assigning duties as required for the day-to-day operations of the department.
Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business, or related field with at least three years’ experience in a management role in a full-service F&B environment of a 4/5 star standard. Further candidate requirements include:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Advanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) skills
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Good decision-making, creativity and sound judgment
- Highly developed influencing and motivating skills
- Well-organised with excellent planning skills and the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively on own initiative
- Knowledge of tourism and hospitality education training systems an advantage
If you have a genuine love of hospitality and want to help generate interest and passion for the industry within the next generation, get in touch with us today!