Job Title: Kitchen Porter
This role is for an experienced Kitchen Porter in a Dublin city centre kitchen environment. Reporting to a Senior Chef, you will be responsible for maintaining a clear wash up area and surrounding kitchen and back of house areas.
This is a full-time position with hours ranging from 9a.m. to 7p.m. Flexibility is required in respect of attendance to facilitate the requirements of the business.
- Checking that all kitchen and floor areas are free from waste/rubbish and keeping all exits and walkways clear and clean.
- Assisting in the pot wash/wash up area.
- Assist in the waste management/recycling programme in the kitchen areas.
- Implementing a daily housekeeping plan on all kitchen equipment and in the general area of the kitchen.
- Dealing with all deliveries received and ensuring all produce and other goods are safely stored away in accordance with the guidelines outlined in HACCP.
- Ensuring all deliveries are accounted for on a daily basis.
- Checking and recording fridge temperatures each morning and afternoon.
- Maintaining good stock rotation in all fridges/freezers and dry goods area and ensuring the maintenance of a good hygiene policy.
- Laundry collections.
- Assisting in the set-up procedures of functions where required.
- Strong experience of working as a Kitchen Porter in a private or public work environment.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP food safety management system.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for improvement.
- Fluent English language skills.
Closing Date: 30/09/20 at 15.30PM