Job Title: Programme Executive - Dublin
This leading DMC is currently recruiting a Leisure Programme Executive to ensure the delivery of a top class professional service to their worldwide client base. This entails a hands-on approach to developing FIT & leisure group business for Ireland & UK from existing and potential new clients. Key to this will be developing a clear understanding of the client’s needs and deadlines, offering existing and new programmes to fulfil those needs and ensuring that the client has all the necessary material and information to present to their clients. Further key responsibilities within the role include:
- Provide assistance to other staff and trainees in the business development and operations of agreed leisure and incentive group bookings.
- Work with the wider team to ensure that company information and sample programmes are constantly updated, refreshed and reflect current special offers on the Travel Advisors websites of both Virtuoso and Signature Travel Networks.
- Full utilisation of the Tourplan system: processing reservations including the preparation of client vouchers and invoices through the Company’s reservations system, generating all client quotations and subsequent follow up, ensuring that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected in Tourplan.
- Any agreed sales and marketing activities, either in Ireland or in the overseas market place. This could take the form of either desk based activities or direct agent/client interaction.
- Responsibility for operating the Department’s 24 hour emergency phone numbers on a rotational basis shared with other staff members.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Managers or Directors.
The successful candidate will have a third level qualification with experience in a similar role/ company. Further attributes include:
- Very good knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of the Irish Tourism product a distinct advantage.
- Proven track record in the development of client proposals and operating those programs to the highest level within a fast paced and competitive environment.
- Ability to meet agreed time lines / deadlines.
- Good team player with excellent communication skills who demonstrates pro-activeness and initiative.
- Willingness to travel –Ireland primarily, with some international locations.
- Fluency in verbal and written English.