Job Title: M&E Assistant Manager
This five star hotel truly is one of Dublin’s classic properties, and they now have an opening for a Meeting & Events Assistant Manager. This role is responsible for overseeing their high-end events from enquiries and booking stage through to invoicing and post-event follow-up. Key activities will include:
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Conduct banquet and catering site inspections & arrange tastings where required.
- Assist clients with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc.
- Arrange all details of meetings and conventions from enquiry to contract to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audio-visual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks, and VIP services.
- Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meetings with clients and catering staff to determine potential enhancements to the guest experience.
- Ensure all details pertinent to each event are communicated in a timely and concise manner to all departments.
- Be responsible for the management of the Event Satisfaction system.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and upsell products and services while minimising waste to increase revenue.
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines.
- Cover the role of Meetings & Events Manager when they are absent.
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's Degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in hospitality or related field and will have at least two years’ experience as Senior Events Executive (or equivalent role) within a luxury hotel or related field. Knowledge and experience of event forecasting a distinct advantage. Further candidate attributes include:
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility in day to day task demands.
- Clear, concise and professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work closely with other departments to achieve desired end result.
- Be resourceful and creative when faced with obstacles.
- Ability to follow up and see project through to completion.
- Adhere to deadlines.
- Take ownership for assigned responsibilities.
- Genuine, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Ability to take full ownership for specific market segment.
- Polished and professional demeanour.
If you’d like the chance to join one of Dublin’s most prestigious hotel properties, send us your CV today!