Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Role covers the entire food & beverage offering across the establishment’s restaurant and bar.
Role includes management of a team of approx. 20 people including part-time people
- Working with Head Chef and Management to design food & beverage menus, and wine list
- Hiring wait/ bar staff and training of junior / less qualified staff; demonstrable experience in staff training essential
- Working with management and external bodies to achieve AA Rosettes and other awards/ listings
- Supporting marketing activities to drive good reviews online via Trip Advisor and other platforms
- Supporting the events team on days of wedding showcases/ other events on a case by case basis; working closely with events team to co-manage the drinks reception of weddings/ events where these occur in the main hotel
- Minimum 10-15 years management experience in 4-star hotel restaurant or award winning / well known restaurant, OR professionally qualified in hotel management/ service with minimum of 10 years’ experience in 4-star hotel restaurant / award winning boutique hotel restaurant / well known restaurant
- Strong knowledge of wine and service to 4-star standards (wine qualifications and/ or relationships with key vineyards/ wine merchants a plus, but not essential).
- Must have managed a team before (minimum people management experience = 5 years)
- Experience managing GP, wages and targets: proven track record
- Experience of bar management also a plus but not essential
- Experience of training staff / junior staff