Job Title: Sales & Events Executive
This is a great role for a sports aficionado with a background in hospitality sales and events. Working for this large venue and services provider in Co Limerick, the Sales & Events Executive is responsible for developing a new portfolio of sports clients in order to generate accommodation income. The role requires 360 degree sales and event management, from generating leads to coordinating the events as part of the Sports Events Team. Key responsibilities include:
Sales & Marketing:
- To develop a portfolio of events in order to generate accommodation income through pro-active business development and achievement of sales.
- Carry out desk research to grow the Sport Market. To identify possible new areas of growth for the sector.
- Develop and produce bid publications, budgets and bid presentations.
- Innovative offline and online marketing and communications to raise awareness and interest in sports events
- Design and produce marketing material to promote sport events
- Attend trade fairs, exhibitions and corporate meetings
- Plan the operations of Sports Events, this may include evenings and weekends
- Co-ordination of the event preparation and delivery
- Understand and monitor event budgets and financial reports. Reconcile and close accounts for events.
- Book local services (transportation, tours, accommodation, AV, etc) for conferences and events
- Attend client meetings and provide accurate meeting records.
- Produce reports including financial, catering, occupancy and operational notes
- Provide delegate support service (queries on registration, payment, billing, receipts, confirmations etc)
- Co-ordination of the operations team and event contractors
- Development of the logistics plan (AV, transport, catering/refreshments, medical provision, volunteers, entertainment, etc)
- Inspecting the facilities and on-site event management
- Planning and delivery of safety and security requirements
- Post event review and communications
- Setup and monitoring of event booking platforms
- Daily financial administration
- Handle any customer complaints/issues as per Customer Feedback Process
The successful candidate will have a third level qualification in hospitality/event management and will have at least two years’ experience as Sales Executive in a busy hotel/venue with strong events business. In addition, candidates must have/be:
- Self-starter with excellent planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Strong team player, able to work positively and effectively across multiple departments and teams
- A strong customer focus with genuine commitment to exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of or background in sports
Company benefits include bonus, generous pension contribution and gym membership. Get in touch today to find out more on this dynamic role!