Job Title: Sous Chef - Co Cork
Salary: €30,000 – €34,000
Our Client are currently recruiting for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Sous Chef who wishes to work in a fast-paced 4* environment as part of a progressive team.
The successful candidate will report to the Head Chef.
- Oversee, run and manage the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Work on and run all sections
- Experience and knowledge of costing and stock control
- Continuously upskill and develop kitchen chefs, ensuring that the team are capable of delivering the hotel's standards at all times;
- Ensure that a consistent and high-quality product is delivered to our guests at all times
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared in a timely fashion
- Work as part of the kitchen team and part of the overall hotel team, leading by example and demonstrating a 'hands on' approach
- To operate in a safe and responsible manner with recognised techniques
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene.
- To operate machines and cooking equipment in a reasonable manner
- To understand the provisions and maintenance of the kitchen service
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years' experience as a Sous Chef/Senior Chef de Partie in a busy 4* hotel
- Have excellent people management skills
- Be organised and capable of managing multiple tasks at one time
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a positive attitude and a good work ethic
- Have proven experience working with volume
- Be HACCP trained (certified)
- Have a hygienic and professional appearance
If this role interests you please apply below.