Job Title: Travel Operations Manager
Exciting new role available in this luxury travel company focused on deluxe golf holidays. The Travel Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the travel operations team with overall responsibility for the achievement of goals, delivery of quality work and the building of effective provider relationships through the team.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Develop and monitor work schedule for the team
- Liaise with the Sales team to discuss business levels
- Working with key suppliers and inventory management
- Quickly and effectively resolve any customer issues
- Enhance the traveller experience and address any needs
- Review of current work practices, policies and procedures to seek efficiencies and effective improvement
- Manage the overall budget and assess performance against budget
- Prepare weekly, quarterly and annual reporting for leadership
- Demand projections and forecasting
- Responsible for evaluating and maintaining operation staffing
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer on an ongoing basis
- Recruit, onboard and train all Travel Operations Executives
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years working in a travel environment, experience at management level is essential, and will possess a travel or hospitality degree or equivalent. Must demonstrate strong analytical skills with knowledge of research and a good understanding of the Irish Tourism market and key organisations.
Further candidate attributes include:
- Multi-tasking ability with strong attention to detail
- Able to work in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
- Excellent decision making abilities with a solution-oriented manner
- Innovative thinker
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Be a confident trainer and presenter
- Able to travel nationally and internationally as required
- Knowledge of golf is desired but not essential
- MS Office experience – ideally advanced Excel, Word and Outlook
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Confident conflict resolution skills
- Full, clean driving licence is essential
This role is available on a hybrid basis with two days from home, three in the office. Benefits include bonus, 24 days holidays and a day for your birthday, health plan and golf membership (upon completion of probationary period).
If you are a high-energy travel professional focused on delivery and want to work in a company with a reputation that’s second to none in their field, send in your CV today!