Job Title: Wedding and Events Coordinator
Salary: €28,000 – €30,000
Unique venue in the heart of Dublin city centre is hiring a Wedding and Events Coordinator. This role is ideal for someone wishing to move into the wedding area as you do not specifically need wedding experience, but rather hotel experience, to be considered for this role.
It is mainly 9-5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with flexibility for Saturday Weddings. The need to work Saturday will always be anticipated in advance because of the wedding calendar.
Principle Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all wedding details from initial enquiry until the wedding day.
- Management and coordination of the full sales process from enquiry through to proposal preparation and delivery of the event for conference bookings, private functions and weddings
- To be responsible for compiling and inputting all necessary and accurate information in the function sheets, consistent with standards and procedure – issuing them in a timely manner to the operations team
- Attend Operations meetings and communicate daily events to the team- accurately and clearly through the production of function sheets.
- Promotion and selling of the venue at every opportunity through client show-arounds
- Effective coordination of the full sales process from enquiry through to proposal preparation and delivery of the event for all conference and event bookings
- To log all meeting and event enquiries and maintain an effective follow up system to secure business
- Compile weekly and monthly sales reports for the Sales & Marketing Manager
- Responsible for deposits, billing and payments
- Dealing with clients in person or via telephone & email and responding to all requests in a professional & timely manner, endeavouring to convert every call into a sale whilst providing the highest level of service.
- Assist in coordination and attendance of all wedding shows and exhibitions
- Assist in management of all social media streams
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced wedding / events environment
- A positive attitude and an honest and trustworthy character
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience coordinating of Wedding, Banquets, Conferences and unique events
- Strong organisational skills and an attention to detail
- Strong sales ability - ability to negotiate and sell efficiently
- Flexible work arrangements when the business dictates
- Strong administration skills to include proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as well as the ability to learn and utilize new computer software programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent English- both oral and written
- Previous food and beverage experience would be an advantage or good understanding of hospitality industry operationally.
If this role sounds like it is for you, please contact us today and send us your CV