Job Title: Wedding & Events Manager
Salary: €40,000 – €45,000
We have a lovely role that would suit either an experienced Wedding & Events Manager or an ambitious, superstar Wedding Coordinator/Event Executive looking to step into their first managerial role. The property is a luxury five star resort in Co Cork with a reputation for creating unforgettable guest experiences.
The Wedding and Events Manager role is responsible for ensuring the delivery of a flawless event experience from initial guest contact through to event day and post-event feedback. Overseeing the Weddings and Events office team, you will be responsible for maximising wedding and event conversions, assisting with the handover of weddings & events to the operations team, and supporting the sales team in achieving annual sales targets.
- Manage the reactive Wedding and Events Sales Team
- Assist with the creation and implementation of the hotel’s wedding and events strategy
- Maximise hotel revenue and guest satisfaction by ensuring accurate and timely processing of all conference, wedding and private function enquiries and bookings
- Prepare regular reports and forecast for weddings and events as requested
- Conduct client site inspections and wedding show-rounds
- Responsible for the conversion of event and wedding enquiries
- Implement new policies and procedures to ensure successful tracking of enquiries and lost business
- Utilize Hotsoft to its full capacity, ensuring that bookings and activities are inputted correctly and that all follow up is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure the issuing and receiving of all wedding and event contracts and payments
- Uphold a high level of regular, frequent, accurate and timely communication to all related departments regarding the Wedding & Events function within the hotel
- Support the Sales teams in generating leads and referring business by analysing current business, denied business, and identifying potential new business through the office
- Follow up with guests to determine satisfaction; measure results and support strategies to improve the quality of the guest experience
The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience in a Wedding & Events sales role within a four/five star hotel. Experience managing a team a strong advantage. Further candidate attributes include:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and personal presentation skills
- Driven and ambitious to consistently deliver and exceed service standards
- Clear thinker with excellent communication abilities and attention to detail
- Previous experience of using Hotel PMS systems
- Commercially aware
- Fluent written and verbal English
- Flexibility to work weekends as required for weddings/events
Benefits with this role include uniforms, staff meals, discounted gym and accommodation rates, and bonus (negotiable).
Send in your CV today to find out more on this role!