Job Title: Wedding Manager
Salary: €35,000 – €40,000
This luxury five star property in the stunning North West of Ireland is currently recruiting a Wedding Manager to be responsible for the proactive and reactive growth of their wedding business profitability. This role fully manages and is responsible for the hotel's wedding market, building, maintaining, and fully servicing wedding client events and relationships.
- Complete organization of wedding events from initial enquiry/business solicitation through to event day, with great attention to detail and the couple’s full satisfaction.
- Ensure effective and timely communication with clients at every stage.
- Work closely with operational teams and Banquets Manager to ensure all wedding events are immaculate.
- Evaluate the quality of incoming leads and their profitability to the hotel, achieving all established revenue goals.
- Work closely with the ADOSM and Revenue Manager to ensure all wedding accommodation group revenue is maximized and managed accordingly.
- Manage and develop communications for wedding business in conjunction with the Marketing Executive.
- Be an ambassador for the wedding market, communicating industry trends and client needs to total hotel team.
- Conduct regular wedding competitor site visits and research.
- Continuous training and mentoring of the Sales & Events Coordinator.
- Work with Executive Chef and F&B Manager to cost out menus and events.
- Regular sales and event reporting.
- Attend departmental and hotel meetings as required.
- Additional duties as requested by ADOSM or senior management.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader capable of creating an exceptional climate of professional and personable service that ensures the long-term satisfaction of team members, guests and owners. Must have at least three years’ experience as Wedding Manager / Wedding Coordinator / Event Manager with deep experience of creating five star wedding events.
Further candidate requirements include:
- Thorough knowledge of sales processes with proven track record of achieving/exceeding annual sales goals.
- Strong systems ability: Windows, Microsoft Office and Catering Sales Program.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven problem resolution skills.
- Individuality, creativity and a flair for exciting new ideas along with outgoing and friendly personality.
- Ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure, remaining calm in all situations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Always maintain a professional image in line with Hotel standards.
- Strong commitment to the team and the Hotel industry.
For more on this role, get in touch with us today!